Facts about NESA, The National Estate Sales Association
What is NESA?
- NESA is a member founded trade association.
- NESA’s mission is to raise and maintain professional industry wide standards.
- NESA’s application for 501c(6) non profit status has been filed and is in process.
- NESA is an association, not a commercial enterprise.
- NESA is not a pay for play platform.
About The NESA Board of Directors
- NESA board members are active estate sales professionals.
- NESA board members have each contributed to our founding seed funding.
- NESA board members are not paid to serve, and never will be.
- NESA board members are volunteers.
- NESA board members each pay yearly membership dues.
- NESA has no “Boss” we are a member directed trade association.
- NESA’s board has devoted many 100’s of hours of their personal time to form NESA.
- NESA’s board arrives at decisions by board vote using Roberts Rules of Order.
- NESA’s board is committed to the development of additional member resources.
- NESA’s web content was written by multiple board members.
Estate Sales Ethics and Best Practices
- NESA members must prove business conduct as well as experience.
- NESA has a unifying Code of Ethics.
- NESA’s Code of Ethics details both lawful and practical behaviors.
- NESA’s Code of Ethics was written by experienced estate sales professionals.
- NESA’s Code of Ethics protects estate sales companies, clients and shoppers.
- NESA has codified best practices so that consumers may better understand them.
How do we spend NESA Membership Dues?
- Membership dues fund the creation of educational modules and video summits.
- Membership dues fund web development, hosting and site maintenance.
- Membership dues fund and sustain normal association growth and development.
What do Members Receive?
- Membership allows members to vote on NESA direction.
- Membership grants members the right to use the NESA logo for marketing.
- Membership gives members a NESA profile page with links back to member sites.
- Membership places your company’s name on our NESA map, and listing pages.
- Membership allows you to serve on various NESA boards or committees.
- The NESA website features a forum section to facilitate member-to-member learning.
- Membership permits members full access and member participation within all forums.
- Membership ensures member access to all of our educational videos.
- Membership gives members access to all other educational content.
- Membership grants members access to our attorney written contracts.
- Membership allows member access to other helpful business forms.
- Membership ensures that members have access to vendor discounts.
A few facts about Member and Consumer Education
- NESA presented the first ever Estate Sale virtual summit in September of 2016.
- NESA’s virtual summit presented topics from 22 experts related to our industry
- More than 500 individuals and companies signed up for the conference and videos.
- All 22 Videos from our 2016 Summit can be accessed and viewed in our member area.
- NESA is dedicated to member, client and shopper education.
- NESA has written a core group of educational articles for consumers.
- NESA has a blog with articles to benefit estate sales shoppers and consumers.
- NESA has a members only area with business articles written on behalf of them.
- NESA is an educational bridge builder between fiduciaries and members.
- NESA educates Realtors, Attorneys, and Bankers leading to member sales.
Where does the money come from?
- NESA funds its present activities through membership dues.
- NESA has neither asked for nor received compensation from vendors.
- NESA has neither asked for nor received compensation from summit presenters.
- NESA has neither asked for nor received compensation from any 3rd party.
NESA Membership Helps you Build Your Business
- Membership in NESA managed wisely helps members to grow their businesses.
- Membership in NESA gives members tools to increase their competitive edge.
- Membership in NESA will assist in the better creation of a members marketing.
- Membership in NESA increases the profile and influences of its members.
NESA Member Outreach
- NESA believes its members have expertise and unique knowledge.
- Have a specialty? Want a spotlight on your expertise? Contact us with your ideas.
- NESA board members can be directly contacted via our “Contact” page.
- NESA believes you can be an estate sales professional, and choose to not join.